I was originally going to call this Self Love July, but then self-love doesn’t have a time limit or an expiration date.
I feel like a lot of people are lacking in the self-love area of their life, so I made sort of this guide or collection of resources and tips to hopefully help you discover yourself in a positive way.
1. Keep a journal with you.
Make lists of why you are wonderful, what you love about your body, what you appreciate about your life, how you have changed your lifestyle in the past few weeks, your accomplishments, etc.
Write a letter to yourself or someone you love.
After waking up and/or before going to sleep, take some time to write in your journal and write about all the wonderful things that have happened.
2. Listen to your body, your mind, and your soul. Eat intuitively, do more of what makes you happy, and live accordingly.
3. Realize that you are a human being. Forgive yourself if you make any mistakes and try again; mistakes are experiences that help you learn, so learn from them. Be patient with your progress; it won’t help overnight, but you have to believe in yourself and believe that it will happen. Don’t get frustrated, just give yourself more time and try your best.
4. Pay attention to you and not the scale. How many times have you stepped on the scale and felt nervous? Release those negative feelings from your life, you don’t need it. You are more than a number. You are more than your weight and you are more than your pants size. Your beauty is not defined by a number.
5. Change your thoughts from negative to positive.
I am weak. I am stronger than I have ever been and I am getting stronger everyday.
I am ugly. I am beautiful and unique in my own way and I will embrace that.
Everything sucks and I just want to die. - Today is a bad day, but I will get through this. Better days will be ahead and there is light at the end of the tunnel.
6. Expand your interests. Try something new, take a yoga class or an art class, volunteer on the weekends, go to the library more often, learn French. You might find a new hobby along the way.
Mental health is just as important as physical health, and you need to be able to love yourself unconditionally.
Positivity is key; choose to be a positive person and choose to have a positive mind.
You are in control of your own life. No one can make you unhappy without your consent.
Life is a wonderful journey; choose to live how you want to live and go with it.
"To be beautiful means to be yourself. You don’t need to be accepted by others. You need to accept yourself.” - Thich Nhat Hanh